Emergency rooms can be chaotic. By definition, patients only show up in the event of an emergency. It is nearly impossible to predict how many resources will need to be devoted to the most vulnerable patients (people suffering a heart attack, or seizures, or a gunshot wound) on any given day. Consequently, it is not unusual for many patients in the ER to wait for hours before they even get to the triage process. Through the power of telemedicine, CareClix can simplify the triage process both for medical professionals in emergency rooms, and physicians referring patients to the ER. With CareClix technology, your patients can expect shorter wait times and prompter care, and your medical staff can expect an easier, more streamlined triage process. And, in the event of a natural disaster or large casualty situation, you can easily scale up your triage process to treat more people more quickly.
Here are just a few of the ways CareClix can support emergency room services for your office or facility, making managing them easier and delivering better care for your patients.
- Face-to-face video conferencing – Either before or after they get to the ER, CareClix can make it possible to do triage by video conference. Off-site physicians can quickly assess the medical nature of a patient’s problem and order labs, so that when the patient first sees the in-person ER doctor, most of the necessary information to diagnose and treat the patient has already been collected. And in some cases, a triage video conference can eliminate the need for an emergency room trip altogether.
- Collaborate with medical teams – CareClix technology makes it possible for medical teams to work together, even when in different locations, to deliver quality emergency care. For example, a patient’s own cardiologist in Montana could provide video triage care to a heart attack patient visiting family Nebraska while the patient is on the way to the emergency room. CareClix enables this cardiologist to securely share their patient’s medical information and teleconference with the Nebraska-based ER staff in real time.
- Electronic Prescription Services – Some ER visits can be prevented through adherence to prescriptions for common drugs like antibiotics or antihistamines. With CareClix, you can quickly prescribe medicines to your patients in the event of an emergency, no matter where you are.
- Electronic Health Records – With CareClix, a patient’s health records are easily and securely accessible and transferable, meaning your ER physicians and other caregivers have immediate access to a patient’s medical history, regardless of where the patient has been treated previously.
- Online medical suites – The CareClix online system is compatible with more than a hundred commonly-available medical devices. In an emergency room setting, it’s possible for caregivers to take vital signs, perform imaging services or labs, transfer results to an offsite doctor for triage in real time. This can all occur before the patient leaves the ER waiting area to see the attending physician.
About the Author:
Dr. Korangy is the Cofounder of CareClix, a Pioneer in the field of Telemedicine, and a widely respected doctor with more than a decade of experience working as a physician. Dr. Korangy specializes in radiology, and understands firsthand many challenges facing doctors and patients in today’s evolving economic and political environments. Dr. Korangy is committed to improving service delivery to patients throughout the United States, and to supporting the medical community in expanding what is possible for care. He received his medical degree from George Washington University and received medical training at Georgetown University.